Monday 13 August 2012

BoD failure


At the beginning of the year, I signed up for Effy Wild’s Book of Days (BoD) - a yearlong art journaling adventure. 
It started pretty well. We were find a book to alter and choose a word for the year. My word was FOCUS - I felt I needed to focus more on myself and those who appreciate what I do. 
The first task was to create a title page for our book. I decided to make a special book for my BoD rather than to alter an old book. I always liked the Coptic stitch binding and my first attempt at this wasn't at all bad….


But then it all went wrong. I struggled a lot with the journal. I tried to adapt it to my needs first.  I couldn't journal every day, but I sometimes wasn't able do any art for two or three weeks in a row – so I was constantly behind the schedule and that made me upset.

Eight weeks later, I made an important decision: I decided to abandon the BoD journal. For three reasons:
  1. Regular journaling became a burden for me. And when I'm under pressure I either perform miracles or I fail to do anything at all. The later was happening in this case.
  2. As I already mentioned in my previous post, I keep a daily journal and having an art journal just seemed redundant to me.
  3. I already had something else on my mind…


This is all that remains of my BoD. I kept some pages, discarded the rest.





But… six months later, I still follow Effy's inspiring posts and videos but I have a "project" of my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment