Monday 13 August 2012

My new "project"

When I abandoned Effy's BoD project, I started a new journal. I sometimes call it "WoW Journal" - the Word of the Week – and sometimes "QoW Journal" – the Quote of the Week. But WoW looks nicer, so we'll stick to that… 

My idea was to have a page for each week of this year - not necessarily painted that very week - containing a word (and a quote) that somehow summarizes how I felt that particular week.

So, because I'm now an expert on this, I painted yet another “Focus” page representing the year 2012… [insert sigh here]

[my favourite quote by Mark Twain]

This is not my best Focus, but it came out pretty well... 

I used my currently favourite (and overused) technique  – I haven't developed it, but merely reinvented it for myself. And I enjoy it very much. I colour packing paper (similar to tissue paper) with distress inks, spray it with water, leave it to dry, stamp images on the paper and then cut or tear it and glue it down on my page. The rest is acrylics and some stencil work. [tutorial might follow]

No comments:

Post a Comment