Wednesday 26 December 2012

(Fear of) ruining my backgrounds...

Sometimes I treasure some backgrounds because I like them very much and I’m reluctant to do anything with them. I scan them and wait... 
I was really fond of this one... But I accidentally contaminated the edges with paint from a different page and ruined it completely when I attempted to fix my mistake. 

So I painted version two. Not so fond of this one but at least I scanned the original... 
[quote by Anthony Robbins] 

This one was a different story – it was only waiting for a suitable quote for several weeks.
[quote by Paulo Coelho] 

And finally, this gold-teal-greenish background features another fun technique I learnt from Barb Owen (and she learnt it from Traci Bautista). You first soak a paper towel with various watered-down paints. Then you place the towel on a white paper and stamp through the towel. Sometimes the result is awesome, other times not. I got several really interesting backgrounds and this was one of them. But I didn’t know what to do with it. In the end, I placed a strip of paper across it and I really like it.
[quote by J. K. Rowling]

As you might guess, I have several other backgrounds waiting to be (mis)used in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment