Saturday 13 April 2013

Alpha Journal

I have spent most of December thinking about where I want to go with my art journalling in 2013. They say: if it ain't broke, don't fix it... so my 2013 journal is pretty much the same as my last one – in size and in shape (square, because I like working on a square-sized paper).
I decided to get a Bind-it-All machine and make my own journal for 2013. I bought some canvas paper which I believed would be great to work on. Later, I discovered the paper wasn't exactly suitable (it curled) so I had to cut new pages from ordinary cardstock... 
I had several ideas about what should be the theme of this journal. Yes, I could continue with my “word of the week” concept but I wanted something slightly different. In the end, I decided on an ABC theme – there would be a double-page spread revolving around one letter of the alphabet - one side would have a quote with a focal word, and the other would include more words beginning with that particular letter. 
Curiously, I started this journal by making the cover:



I added the title later because I wasn't sure at first what I wanted to call this journal.

This is the title page. I made it simultaneously with the cover page (so the theme is the same, only different colours). You wouldn't believe how hard it was to find a quote about alphabet... The page waited for its quote for about 3 months but now it's finally finished:

[quote by Irving Stone]

No comments:

Post a Comment