Friday 27 December 2013

Alpha Journal - getting near the end of the alphabet

At the beginning of December, I was only slightly behind the schedule with my Alpha Journal. With only two letters to go, and the closing page and the back cover to decorate, I felt confident I could finish it on time. But then I got stuck. Now I know it won't be finished this year - but who cares, it's my journal, isn't it?

J is for Jewels

 [quote by James Allen]

I was experimenting with my Gelatos again. I mixed the Gelatos with gel medium again and wanted to use the mixture for dippage - but it wouldn't drip. So I just used them without the medium. The black drippage is black Distress paint. See how it slides off the Gelatos covered backgound?



T is for Time

[quote by Harvey MacKay]

I had so much fun with my new Tim Holtz stencil and DRIPPAGE!




Y is for Yearn

[quote by Jose Ortega y Gasset]

I really wanted to try something different here - a predominantly white page. That's something I'm not entirely comfortable with...

washi tapes

white gesso + stamping

a little bit of drippage

drippage detail

For more photos from my Alpha Journal, go to my Flickr page.

No comments:

Post a Comment