Monday 20 April 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 7: Niches

The new PaperArtsy Theme is "Niches". Wait... Niches? In an art journal? No way... Well then, why not?


I wanted to sit this one out but then I read Wanda Hentges' post with her interpretation of the Niches "problem". Accidentally, I had this leftover "flower" thingy from a project I'd been working on the previous day.


But I wasn't happy with the white border, so I cut the same shape again, this time from a sheet of self-adhesive black cardstock.


I wanted to keep the "flower" in red and orange tones. I'd used most of my background scraps on the previous flower so I made a quick orange background using a leftover gelli print.


I cut out the individual "petals" and glued them to the bottom of the die-cut shape. Then I made a quick background using a gelli plate printed deli paper + some acrylic paints. Then I adhered the flower to the background using foam tape.


I'm really glad I didn't give up on this one. Even though I only have a tiny niche - tiniche ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you didn't give up either and that you were inspired!!!

    ReplyDelete