Thursday 20 August 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 15: Gels and Mediums

The new PaperArtscy challenge is Gels and Mediums. Hm... the next theme could be glue... I use gels and mediums regularly - for glueing, stencilling, as a finish...


This time, I was inspired by PaperArtsy's Lin Brown and her resist technique with stencils and sprays.
I normally have various different types of gels and mediums at home. But... now I found out, to my horror, I ran out of my heavy-body products and was left with the ones that are too liquid to use through stencils...
Whatever... I applied some glossy multi medium on a piece of deli paper through one of my new stencils.


When it dried, I sprayed it with various Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.


I'm not sure why I'm not getting the desired result with the Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays... I have several different colours but always end up with muddy brown and only a bit of metallic shimmer here and there.


I glued pieces of the deli paper to my journal page.


Because I wasn't happy with the brown colour, I added some bright paints here and there and also a bit of drippage with Daler Rowney acrylic inks.


With all the bling disappearing, I decided to add some clear glitter glue. I applied it throught the same dot stencil - it doesn't show much because the glue isn't very suitable for intricate designs.


Finally, I added the quote. I created the banner using the stamps from JOFY Collection 21.



1 comment:

  1. you definitely get better results with the heavy gels, but I love your end result!!

    ReplyDelete