Friday 4 September 2015

Travel Journal {summer challenge}

I made this journal for a "travel journal" challenge on Hurápapír blog (it's a local online scapbooking shop I buy most of my supplies from).

After my vacation in 2013, I was planning to jump on the Project Life bandwagon. I bought an album, some photo sleeves (and then more photo sleeves of different shapes and sizes), PL cards, stickers and other embellishments. I even got this small printer for instant photos. Two years and two more vacations later, I'm still planning to "start".

Instead of using this challenge as an incentive to finally assemble my album, I decided to make a mixed-media project. Initially, I planned to do a more "personalized" travel journal with mixed-media elements - adding photos, some journalling, items I'd collected on my travels - but it ended up as a mixed-media journal and the only "travel" elements are the actual photos from the vacation I took this year.


I first created several backgrounds:




Then I glued the backgrounds to slightly larger pieces of chipboard and started to create collages using photos from my July vacation and some patterned paper, stickers and other embellishments.





Here are the finished pages:






Even though I like the final result, for some reason, I didn't enjoy the creative process at all. Maybe, it was because I was constantly trying to push myself into doing a real "travel" journal when subconsciously, I just wanted to do a couple of mixed-media pages.


1 comment: