Sunday 8 November 2015

PaperArtsy Theme 20: Triptychs

This fortnight's PaperArtsy topic is Triptychs

I first wanted to make a tri-folding card but it didn't end well. (although it started rather promising) So I went back to my art journal and made this page:


I first painted the background with Fresco paints (I had some teal on the page from a previous project). I was planning to work on the three segments separately but I forgot the canvas paper curls when wet...


So, as the pre-cut pieces curled into tight rolls, I threw them away and painted a slightly bigger piece which I then cut into three strips.

(I wish I stopped here and didn't add the purple ink...)

Finally, I added some flowers from the JOFY 32 set and a quote. 


1 comment:

  1. I love it! I often have the same problem, a project starts out one thing and ends something else.

    ReplyDelete