Friday 26 February 2016

PaperArtsy Theme 3: Wax

The third PaperArtsy theme was "Wax". I missed the deadline because I was busy in my day-job preparing for a trade show in March and I also had a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel to Birmingham at a very short notice to take a class with Tim Holtz - and that is something you don't say "no" to.

But I didn't want to skip this theme in my journal so I painted a page anyway. Wax is a big unknown for me. I've never used it before and I think won't ever want to use it again...


I used a sheet of stamped deli-paper as my background (Lin Brown' set ELB04 and some distress inks) and applied wax from a scented green-ish candle. I fear it's going to peal off - it most certainly is rubbing off on the letters - so I might go over it with some multi-medium later.

No comments:

Post a Comment