Monday 18 April 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 7: Resists

I'm here to share my interpretation of the last PaperArtsy topic, which was Resists. I didn't submit my page because the technique I used didn't actually lead to the desired "resist" effect...


I used the new Ranger Crazing medium through a stencil....


... hoping it would act as a resist once I applied some colour. It didn't.


I'm not sure if it's the medium's property or if the Twinkling H2Os are to blame. But I'm loving the colours anyway.


I wanted to emphasize the cracks a bit more so I let some brown acrylic ink drip along the edges of the page.


Then I added some stamping (using Mini 18 letters stamp) to the background and some embellishments (quote from Mini 48, flowers from JOFY Stamp Set 22).


I really love the crackles!


I think the page turned out great (even though it didn't actually follow the theme).


No comments:

Post a Comment