Sunday 1 May 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 8: White Space

I'm here with the latest PaperArtsy challenge, which is White Space.


I don't usually leave much white space anywhere on my art, so this was a bit of a challenge...

I first created some custom tapes. I stuck tissue paper to some double-sided tape and stamped it with various circles from Emma Godfrey's EEG07 and EEG15 sets.


I glued the tape down on a piece of cardstock. Then I stencilled some dots on the top with a fine textured paste.


I added bigger dots using coarse textured paste.


Next, I used several different sprays (Lindy's Stamp Gang, Prima, even some Ranger) to add some colour. It's always interesting to watch what some of the two-toned Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays end up looking - this one looks brown-ish but has some blue shimmer in it.


I continued adding more sprays till I was happy with the result.


To finish the piece, I added some words from the same two stamp sets and a face which I got as a freebie some time ago (it's from one of Lynne Perrella's collections).



1 comment:

  1. Love this double page, totally grungy and Mixed Media, yet with some beautiful white space!

    ReplyDelete