Thursday 4 August 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 14: Colour Mixing

I'm here with a quick journal page for the new PaperArtsy topic of Colour mixing.


I have plenty of colour wheels in my stash - I don't really use them when painting because I know the colour theory well from school and from my career of a graphic designer.
I had several "colour wheel" projects on my mind but this one seemed the best for the journal I'm using.


First, I chose some Distress inks. I keep them arranged according to the colour wheel (and yes, I've got them all), so I picked every 4th or so.


Then I repeatedly stamped the flowers and the "bubbles". I basically did a colour wheel in a straight line ;-)


Finally, I stamped the quote using the Black Soot Distress Ink.

Stamps I used:
   - Flower from Hot Pick 1006
   - Bubbles from JOFY 09
   - Text from Words Plate 2


2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! what a great way to store your distress inks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! And your inky stack looks gorgeous too!! ~Leandra

    ReplyDelete