Saturday 1 October 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 18 - Autumn Leaves

It's that time of the year... the days get shorter, the world around you turns into this beautiful warm colour palette, the spiders crawl inside your homes and I take out my leaves dies and stamps. The current PaperArtsy theme is Autumn Leaves, so why not make some paper leaves!


I was finally able to get some of these tiny bottles of happiness. When they arrived, I dropped everything and tested them straight away. I'm in love! (and I want them all!!)


After making a pile of paper leaves, I decided to use them on some other project and started something different for this challenge. I mixed the Infusions with gloss gel.


And stencilled the mixture through the negatives that were left from die-cutting the leaves. (the thin metal dies I'm using are from Clearly Bessoted - but I believe they are discontinued now)


After the paste dried, I added more Infusions to the background.


Then I stamped some flowers to the background using Distress Inks. (the stamp is from Lin Brown's ELB04)


First, I wanted to add some shading around the leaves but then decided to highlight them with white gel pen. It looks so much better!


Finally, I glued the pages to my PaperArtsy journal and added some word stickers. 


I had so much fun with the Infusion powders. Now I'm off experimenting!


No comments:

Post a Comment