Saturday 29 October 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 20 - Squares and Grids

The new PaperArtsy challenge/topic is Squares and Grids. This time, I was determined not to miss the deadline again... Last time I was writing the blog post at the last moment and then the life got in the way and suddenly it was after the deadline...

So here is my journal entry.


I got this wonderful new stamp set designed by LinBrown and I had to try it right away.


I first stamped the background in black ink on white paper.


Then I took some of my Fresco paints ...


... and added some colour here and there using a palette knife.


Then I stamped the leaves (and also some dots - this is a Katzelkraft stamp).


Then I cut several squares in different sizes and used them as temporary masks as I applied white paint around them.


It looked awesome when I removed the square masks.


I should have stopped here. You know, sometimes you create something and you are not happy with what you are seeing until, suddenly, something happens and it all turns out great. And sometimes the complete opposite happens... That's life...

XO
Pavla

No comments:

Post a Comment