Monday 12 December 2016

PaperArtsy 2016 Topic 21, 22 and 23 [updated]

Topic 21 - Typography, fonts, quotes

I did a guest blog post over at PaperArtsy for this topic so I was out of ideas for my "regular" journal page.


I made four quick backgrounds. I started with the Infusions powders, then I stamped some images on top, first tone-in-tone, then using darker ink.


Then I cut the quote on my Silhouette Portrait machine. (For some reason, this was the day my cutting machine wasn't cooperating. It does that sometimes. That's why I start to dislike it...)


I cut the backgrounds into smaller pieces add glued them under the cut windows. Finally, I outlined the letters and the page edges with white gel pen.
 

Topic 22 - Alcohol inks and pens

I'm not a fan of alcohol inks. I don't really struggle with this medium...


First, I created some ink splotches. Then I added some stamping and embellishments.


I called it a day but I still think I might return to it and add a quote or something...


Topic 23 - Bleach Techniques (unfinished)


I took blue cardstock. The only bleach I had was in powder form (the one you add to your washing), so I diluted it and sprayed it over the paper and let it drip. It looked dull, so I sprinkled a bit of Royal Blood Infusions powder over it. I heat embossed the grass.


Then I had an idea I needed to "seal" the background and went over it with clear gesso - which reacted with the Infusions powder and created visible brush strokes. So I added more brush strokes deliberately using a mixture of gesso and the powder.

And then I got stuck. I have no idea what to do next. To be continued (or maybe not).

[Update]
I went in and added a quote and some "snowflakes" (or whatever they are).


So, that's it. 

Pavla

1 comment: